Monday 20 January 2014

One Shot

(1st One Shot of many to come. Experimentation of sorts. Thanks for reading!)   
 

    There was something wrong with that girl. No sound was heard until you felt her breath on your neck and turned to see her smile. Her long black hair covered her eyes and her yellow-stained teeth made your skin crawl. She was always alone until one day she was not. They appeared like three henchmen, always two steps behind her. They never spoke and didn't seem to ever eat or drink. She controlled them but only because that's what they wanted. A heaviness surrounded her and the air was stifling beside them all. No one could penetrate their circle, at least not on purpose.
     No one knew where she came from and no one was brave enough to ask her. She lived alone. Her parents walked out on her a long time ago. At least that's what everyone thought. They didn't know. About the night daddy first came into her room. About the nights that followed. The beatings mommy gave her for "telling lies". No one knew what she had to do. No one knew what I had to do. How I took the knife to their necks while they laid sleeping in each other's arms. How mommy's eyes rolled back when she saw what I did to daddy next to her. How I smiled seeing the look in her eyes.
     Lous, Light and Lived saved me; cleaned the blood and dumped the bodies. They took care of me and still take care of me. Even as I'm stuck here between the living and the dead they protect me from the spirits of the unfortunate. I like being here. It's warm and cozy and I have lots of friends. They understand me and never make fun. And I have one person to thank for bringing me here and making me feel welcomed.
Hello Saetun.

No comments:

Post a Comment