Saturday 12 October 2013

The Writing Process


What inspired you to create this blog?

So here's the lowdown.

I've loved writing for as long as I remember; it's basically the only thing I'm really good at. I've written several stories and poems on other websites but I've never really thought of a writing blog. Recently a good friend of mine decided to create her own blog(the link will be below) and in my effort to support her and to channel  my own curiosity I decided to create this blog. Although this isn't my first blog, this is the first one catering strictly to writing that I've made.Kami's Blog: http://beautifulkween.blogspot.com/


 Why The Writing Process?

If you're a writer yourself or even just a student you'll probably be familiar with this term. The writing process simply refers to all the things that go into making a piece of literature or writing, such as drafts,brainstorming,peer editing/reviews and basically just editing in general. I'm not quite sure that I've developed my very own unique style as yet. Right now I play around with different genres and different ways of writing. I decided to call this blog The Writing Process simply for that reason. This blog is my rough draft to finding my own style and voice in writing and hopefully when I've grown tired of it or decide to create a new one I can say yeah, this is who I am.



What can I expect from your blog?


The great thing about writing is that there's no right or wrong way to do it. Obviously some ways are more popular or even more effective but still. No right or wrong way. In my blog I'll post anything I feel; poems,short stories,excerpts of conversations,rants,thoughts,even reviews... basically whatever I feel is necessary to show you guys or maybe just to offload once in a while,but it will all be in writing. Of course I do have other interests and this is a personal blog so you will see other posts like pictures of my day, music I'm listening to,fashion wants and stuff like that but I'll try my best to keep it to a minimum.




What would you like to say?

I'd love for people to like this blog and find something in it that makes them happy but at the end of the day this is a blog created for my own pleasure. If you love it well that's great, if you don't that's okay too. Being a writer means appealing to an audience but it also means being aware that not everyone will like or understand what you're trying to do and accomplish. That being said, half the fun is trying to convince someone to see your point and even if they never get on board they'll say yeah okay that's something to think about. I hope I give you something to think about.

No comments:

Post a Comment