Tuesday 22 October 2013

Fanatic Attitudes

I've been listening to Trying To Be Cool By Phoenix featuring R.Kelly. It's a really great song and I'm absolutely in love with it. A really smooth sound and psychedelic vibe. I know what you're thinking. What's the point to all this right? Well there's a line in the song that goes, "Some fanatic attitude,we're both on" and it made me think of life and how sometimes we just aren't fanatic enough about the right things. I've known tons of people my age and even older and younger who just go bonkers for things that normally should make them go...huh? The trend nowadays for my age group is to be fanatic about "Trying To Be Cool". Me? It's hard enough to make myself fanatic enough about my studies and things that benefit me. Fitting in is the least of my worries. Don't get me wrong. Everyone craves acceptance and love from others. I'm guilty of it too. Of seeing a person and going okay..I want them to like me. But sometimes you have to step back and ask yourself if it's really worth getting fanatic about. I mean there's a pretty thin  line between fanatic and well..crazy. So get fanatic about the right things. Make yourself go crazy in love with your new haircut, or that new book you just  picked up. Go wild for that pretty dress you saw in that store and go wild with your friends in it when you hang. Be a fanatic over those good grades or that hobby you've been meaning to pick up for ages. Right now my crazy fix is writing. I'm pouring everything into it because it's worthwhile. Are you being a fanatic right now? Is the thing or even person you're crazy over,  even worth it? Ask yourself that. You'll know what you should to when you can answer yourself. Honestly of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment