Tuesday 19 November 2013

The Abyss

I stepped off the cliff and into the abyss.
My stomach fell 3000 ft at the speed of a race car.
My heart constricted
And my lungs deemed the air too thick to inhale.
It was black.
I recognized nothing.
There was just me and the air.
Gravity meant that I had to hit the bottom
But it was no where in sight.
There were no people, no animals, no cars, no buildings.
Just me.
I stretched out my hands in the hopes
That someone would rescue me then I pulled it back.
I needed no rescuing.
I gave it permission.
The wind sounded like screeching in my ears as I hurtled, downwards,
And I smiled.
My closed eyes saw the same darkness my eyes opened saw.
I gained momentum at an alarming rate but my heart beat the same.
Jealousyangerlovehatejealousyangerlovehate.
It's so bad that I can't breathe now but my smile never falters.
Peering into the abyss I found it.
I found it.
I.Found it.
And so I jumped.
Farewell to the abyss that wonderful eye opener.
And opened my eyes I did.
And then I hit the ground.





No comments:

Post a Comment